Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Duncan & Dead Iguana






Ahhh another Puerto Rican day!

So today was the toughest day we have had yet... this means God showed up in a big way for us! The day started as normal: hot and sweaty :) Hopping up to warmth and fans we got our devo and breakfast and headed to work. We had painting and laundry and forms today, along with running of the Kiosko. The majority of us worked the forms in the 90 degree weather, pounding stakes, digging some more, and burying a VERY dead iguana. As is seen above we stretched a bit today! By lunch we were all pretty tired so the hamburgers tasted great! Getting back out in the sun torched us all, but God is faithful.

Amazingly enough through all the heat and hard work, we enjoyed ourselves. The team is growing and bonding more and more each day. Our fearless leaders Carrie and Anna quickly saw our deteriorating activity so they called for a team nap time! At 2:30 we were ready to drop from the heat, and by 3:00 we were sleeping!!! We took an hour and a half nap and were up and ready to kick until dinner.

Anna and Hannah also did a lot of painting in the Kiosko. Our two little artists worked hard but want to get back to the group soon so we can bond more. It truly is a blessing having a team that loves so much. I have never once felt out of place, lonely, discouraged, or left out. I have laughed myself to tears several times already this week. I have seen Christ is every single person in this group at some point or another already. God is faithful.

So with a quick dinner we headed right back out to work! We ended up working until the light was gone... then a few minutes in the dark to finish up the pipe for the trench. We worked hard and well, glorifying God as much as we remembered. I love God, I love my team. Be blessed all who read and please comment so we know you are reading and praying!

-Duncan-

ps- I know I missed stuff so I may add more later!

3 comments:

  1. Good work guys! It looks great from up here! :) Know that you all have many, MANY followers and many, MANY people that are praying for you.

    "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave..." - Ps 16:8-10a

    Hold on tight team and remember it is only HE who makes you strong! Prayers are being lifted up your way.

    -Nicole G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blogging!
    Thanks for keeping us up to date with the progress on the projects and on how this is shaping your lives.

    Greg Shaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of work we can do when God's in it! Thanks for keeping us updated. can't wait to hear the stories!
    God bless you all as you make a difference in other's lives for HIM!
    mama & papa K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please continue to pray for us. God Bless!