
Okay, where can I even begin to describe such an AWESOME time here in Puerto Rico. This place is completely phenomenal. The hand of God has been working on this island consisting of tall, beautiful mountains, deep blue waters, and wonderful heat followed by the ocean breeze. Not to mention people who just love life. Riding through the mountains on sunday was absolutely breathtaking. Everything is quite different as it is in the United States. Besides the language, the driving is also VERY different lol. Driving is very different in that the people drive insanely fast. Almost had a heart attack upon arrival and riding on the freeway for the first time. People don't use turn signals much when their on the freeway which made me kinda nervous, the police just go around with their lights on, and their are stray dogs and horses everywhere which is kinda sad.

Work here has been great. It's alot of hard work, however, for a great cause. A lot has been accomplished throughout the past five days we've been here. There have been potholes filled in the ground, and lot of work has been done in the Camp Chapel which includes laying sand down for a new floor. We would have to shovel the sand into the chapel for the floor to be laid down. We are all excited to help contribute to the camp.

After camp, we decide to go out for frappes and OH MY!!! They are so good, especially the Oreo Frappe. Which is kinda like an Oreo Flavored Ice Cream, not to mention the cookie on the top. The first sip was like a slice of heaven. Most of the time, they were ice creams made of actual fruit which were delicious. Ponce, the largest city on the southern coast of the island, was very fun and very beautiful. So funny story, this panhandler approaches us and asks us if we have money. Tienes Dinero? I told him "We don't speak Spanish" and next thing we know he says "Gimme me quarter." So I'm like, darn he speaks English!" LOL so we're all laughing and then we just begin to walk away. A lot of great fun and hard work has been happening here, from the time we reach the airports to the time of setting foot here on the island and going places. If I had to got back, I just wouldn't change a thing about this whole trip. Everything is just amazing and I just enjoy how the Puerto Ricans speak spanish, it's just so fast. I am having a wonderful time here in PUERTO RICO and am truly thankful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have such a wonderful opportunity.
Respectfully Yours,
Ryan
P.S. to my Mother Denise, Sister Ravynne, Aaron, and all my friends at SAU, I love you guys, miss you, and thinking of you all everyday.

Parece que tu estás teniendo un gran momento!
ReplyDeleteEstoy muy alegre para ti, Ryan.
I love you,and I am praying that you have a wonderful and safe time!
p.s
Give that man a quarter
Tus linda hermana,
Ravynne
Ah yes, the frappes! So good. The many Puerto Rico teams of years past (and current of course!) need to get together and concoct a similar recipe so we can enjoy them in the states. Yes?
ReplyDeleteAlso...I can't believe you've all been there for five days already! Time goes fast; look to be found faithful in each moment. Prayers continue...
-Anika
P.S. Sunscreen. Use it. Also...hydrate or die. :O)
I miss frappes so much!! There is nothing like them in the states, it is quite depressing. Bring me back one? My favorite is strawberry mango. Thank you! haha
ReplyDeleteGlad to read you are working hard though. Carrie, whats up with the waterslide??? And a new floor in the chapel!! WOW!
Remember to cherish every moment, it goes by way too quickly!
-Jen