Hi friends and family!! This is Keegan and Breanne. We are excited to tell you about todays events. It was a free day because it is Sunday, so we went and had some fun with Jon (leader of camp Caribe) and his kids. First thing in the morning we climbed a mountain and planted a homemade SAU elephant flag.
It was not your typical hike up a Michigan hill, it was a steep cacti and vine covered path with loose dirt. We all fell, especially Sarah F. (but we are okay & safe!) While we were up there we all stood on a rock to take a picture. Papa Shaw had a thought that this is the rock on which Christ builds his church, we are His rock.
After the downhill hike/slide we went back to camp to eat a crispy cream donut breakfast. After that, we went to church in the barrio. It was an outdoor service with spanish songs and a spanish speaker (someone translated for us). The sermon was about Jonah and how our bad times are still good with God. Then we went home, ate some lunch, and drove into the beautiful wilderness.
In the wilderness we jumped off of 22 and 30 foot cliffs into cool clean water. It was a beautiful area with waterfalls, bamboo, huge leaves, and several Puerto Ricans hanging out and having fun!
All of us jumped at least once! (Some of us took a lot of convincing.) We spent a lot of time there, and then we hiked up to another small pool with another beautiful waterfall. We jumped into the waterfall and tried our best to swim underneath it (it is harder than you think).
Then we went to dinner at an outdoor restaurant (pretty much everything is outdoors, it’s great)! We tried octopus “pulpo”: we had differing opinions about it. The car ride home was full of laughter and bonding. Then we went to team time and bonded even more. We are all really excited to start working tomorrow, but we are thankful for this time that we have had to just have some fun! Thanks for the support!!
Hey Mom, Dad, Caleb and Cass! Keegs here, miss you guys, and I am having an excellent time here. God is so Good! Anyway I hope you are all doing well in florida and that Caleb is not spending too much time on his new Xbox 1. Love you guys I will call you before the end of the trip. :)
Hi Dad, Mom, Brooklyn, and other Family members! I love you so much. I am having a great time. Don’t worry, I have no major injuries yet. (My clumsiness may or may not have followed me here!) It is so beautiful here, the cliffs and plants look like they are part of a movie, and there are no signs showing people where they are. It felt so authentic. And mom, I jumped off of the highest one and my ears are fine. ;) I’m sorry I scared you guys from commenting, please comment. Gonna go play psychiatrist now. Bye!
From Keegan & Breanne



It looks like you guys are having fun. I hope my Sarah is ok from her falls?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all are having a great time. It made my day to hear that Ty talked in his sleep on the plane :) Love ya, Ty! Breanne I know your Dad is proud you jumped off the cliff - he's probably wishing he could do it too:) Can't wait to see you all back at the Arbor and hear more stories of how God is at work in PR.
ReplyDeleteLorie Cornell
Thanks for the update Breanne and Keegan. We are impressed that everyone jumped. We can't believe that our Breanne jumped off the 30 foot cliff! Is this the same girl that wouldn't ride a roller coaster?? The peer pressure to leap must have been intense - and by peer pressure we mean Landon pressure ;-) God bless as you begin your work. We have enjoyed viewing the blogs and we pray for you every day. With love, Dan and Kristi Vander Hill
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear of your healthy breakfast! Krispy Kreme's?? Wow, Papa Shaw is in paradise! What beautiful pictures and tales! Can't wait to hear about your first work day! "In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence and His children will have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life (a waterfall, too?), to turn one away from the snares of death." Prov. 14:26,27
ReplyDeleteBlessings in Christ, Mama Shaw
Hey Breanne! I'm so glad you are having fun. Those pictures look awesome! Just to let you know Gilby is still alive. I believe that I should be getting paid for all of my strenuous labor, I have cleaned his bowl twice in the span of four days! This fish is disgusting! Now go and get yourself a Puerto Rican man! ;) Bet you wish you didn't ask us to comment now don't you? Love, Brooklyn
ReplyDelete