Good Evening Friends,
Today was our first full day on the beautiful island!
The morning began with a traditional Puerto Rican dish, French Toast and Ham. After breakfast the team had some free time before the orientation meeting, some members played a game of Pig (basketball) while others walked along the beach looking for sea glass or sea sells.
One member, Taylor decided to walk up early (6:30AM) and had his own work out on the beach by lifting logs and boulders and even going for a quick jog. Now that takes huge dedication!
Question, have any of you tried to move and build rebar? Trust me its not any easy task, but through prayer and teamwork, everyone was able to get the job done and plant the foundation. Just like rebar, creating and pouring cement was another task that we did today. Knowing that our helping hands will benefit someone in the future, is much worth the pain we are enduring.
After our fun and challenging day, the team rode to the nearest frappe stand to enjoy an authentic island treat! Frappe is served with your choice of fruit and sometimes your choice of desert topping. For example I (Cam), ordered the Strawberry Pina Colada, it was tasty!! Our camp leader, Jon Marshall ordered a Chocolate Carmel, it tasted like a rich chocolate milk and likewise his drink was also delicious!
Friends and family, thank you so much for your support state side, and your prayers as we continue this journey! I hope you enjoy the pictures taken and not to jealous of beautiful scenery!
Peace and Blessings,
Cam


YAY! What a blessing that you were able to arrive on time! It is so cool to hear about your first day at the camp and see the work you have begun.
ReplyDeleteCam!! I am so glad that you have gotten to experience working with rebar. What a fun job. Our family now has 3 experienced rebar builders! hah P.S. - Have a frappe for me!
Michaela - It is so great to see your face! We miss you! :)
Praying for you all and the work that is to come! :)
I'm so glad to see my daughter Laura's face! I think I'll ask her to do a blog with pictures every time she goes away! So glad you all made it there safely and are doing God's work. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so every day. Keep up the good work. :) It looks beautiful there....so nice to see you in summer clothes! Love, Rose Angela (Laura's mom)
ReplyDeleteDid Jess win PIG?? ;) I like that Taylor went for an early run, and I want a frappe! Nice work with the rebar.. press on you guys! Prayers for safety, opportunities and FUN sharing the love of Christ! -Diana
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Looks like you've all had a very productive day. Hope a few sore muscles won't slow you down today!! Mmmm...an afternoon Frappe, what a perfect treat after a good day of work! Bright, sunny, & in the 80's I see...remember to cake on the sunscreen Tiana ;-)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I just want to give a shout out to my buds( Cam, Laura, Mike, & Gina)!! Then to the rest of the group in saying that I am so proud of you guys and all of your hard work! Isn't it an empowering feeling to looks at all you have accomplished at the end of the day?! AND probably learning and doing things you have never done before in your life! Keep persevering through all the hard work because at the end of the day the Caribbean sea never felt more like a dream:) I'm also pleased to know that all of you have survived the cliff jump! Hopefully no bruises:) ( Ask Carrie about my full smack and the black weeklong bruises:P oh and the scratch from the water slide( yes it's still there) Don't forget to fill the bottom of the water slide unless you want to carry your mark of Puerto Rico long after the trip is over :D I'm a proud carrier haha.... Love Alison
ReplyDeleteP.S And Laura , " Are you KIDDING me?"
P.S And Cam, " I miss you LIL BOY!!"