Hello Fellow blog readers. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. So today we started off the day by listening to devotions by the wonderful Teresa. She talked about sharing Gods love with others and encouraged us to do the same. Then we ate breakfast and started the work day off. However, right before we started working we got the privilege of seeing and helping Puerto Rico fisherman bring there net in.
They caught a normals days worth of fish, including a puffer fish which we got to hold.
After we had helped them bring in their net they offered us about 30-40 dollars of their fish. It was very humbling to see them offer us their fish. Especially since that is their source of income. We were very grateful but politely said no. Since we did not have much use for them, and they needed the fish more than we did.
After that we got the work started. We spent the day in the camp doing many different jobs. Some of us were staining the stage and the ceiling of the capilla (chapel). Some were continuing to build the tables.
There were also people painting signs, and doing electrical work. It was a great work day, we accomplished a lot, sang some songs, and grew closer to one another. After dinner we spent time relaxing and talking. We got to hear two testimonies tonight, Nathan's and mine. It was a great day! God is so awesome!!!
-Love, Stacie :)
P.S. We have LOVED hearing from you guys! Every night we read all of your comments out loud. It warms our hearts and encourages us! We know you are praying for us, thank you so much.
It's great to see the weather is still so beautiful! And, of course, that the work is going well - physical and spiritual ;) Keep enjoying everything to the fullest like you are, you wonderful people. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat work team! It's fun to see what the different groups are doing year after year! My hope and prayer is that you stay focused on your work as a team and maintain an openness of how God might want to use you this day. We all need one another! Looking forward to seeing what the next few days hold!
ReplyDeleteEmilie
Wonderful post, awesome pictures! The fish story is great! I think that's a story unique to your team. I'm not sure the other teams have experienced that one. Am I right on that, Carrie? I wish I was there to sit in on those evening testimonies and chats. I'm not sure if Papa Shaw has shared this yet, but something we have tried to remember on trips like the one you're on is to remind yourselves that God is already there in Puerto Rico and you have come to enter into what He is already doing there and to remind those you come in contact with that, "yes, He is here!"
ReplyDeleteLove, Mama Shaw
We really enjoyed the fish story. We were by water yesterday too. We took a long walk around the lake behind our house only most of the water was covered with a layer of ice, it was snowing out, there was no sunshine or blue skies and it was 30 degrees with a really cold wind. Right now in Spring Arbor it's 24 degrees and snowing (again)... so continue to really enjoy your wonderful warm tropical weather, and know that many are praying for you as you continue to seek and join His work in Puerto Rico.
ReplyDelete~ Julie Morse
PS And make sure you don't let Landon get too crazy with the power tools.
Hey team looking good! I noticed all the work you have been putting in and it will all pay off! Each and every one of you are making a difference and spreading the very presence of God to everyone you encounter along your journey, just like your service with the fishermen! Good work team and keep it up! Also bring some sun home with you because once you think warmer weather is coming it snows the next day haha
ReplyDelete-Ps Alison, I don't think I have ever seen you with a hammer in your hand before, I'm actually quite surprised they trusted you with one haha... just kidding, Take care ;)
Hey SAU Team! I love that you were helping the local fisherman and the work sounds like it's coming along good. Staining, painting, electrical work and "WOMEN WITH POWER TOOLS"! I Love It! Keep up the good work. The thing I think is amazing is how close everyone had gotten in just a few days. Only those with a heart for God could do that. You are all blessed beyond measure! Enjoy! Praying blessings for everyone! XOXO Mom O :-)
ReplyDelete