Monday, March 12, 2012

Today

What a great day! I woke up this morning with my mind on God followed by a large piece of bread to put in eggs. After breakfast, I conversed with God and then I started to prepare for a hard day of work. Today, 03/12/2012, was our first day of mission work. As a team, we began the foundations for the extension of the kitchen that the camp needs. We knocked off parts of the roof today, altered electrical wires, dug holes, climbed on roofs, etc. We sweated continually as rain drenched us. Working today was fun and productive!After work, we went to buy FRAPPES!!! Unfortunately, I am not on my lifestyle of not eating sweets, so I had a STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE FRAPPE!! It was okay! After indulging in sweets, we came back to the camp to admire the youth group from Texas team. They held a dead Iguana! It was pretty cool. Fortunately, Sunny, the dog, did not eat another dead Iguana. Sadly, I walked away and began a very (intense) conversation with JJ and Angie. We talked about swinging on the swing and told each other knock-knock jokes.

Next, We went to dinner, but something very unfortunate occurred. I COULD NOT EAT MORE THAN ONE PLATE FOR DINNER TONIGHT!! My teammates kept asking me to finish their food, but I could not! Then, we participated in games with the other groups. The games were very fun and we all engaged with the other groups. It was an adventurous bonding time.Last, our team held a great devotion. What a great day.
-Morris

5 comments:

  1. Hola PR Team!
    Wow, it sounds like your trip has already been an adventure. I'm just catching up with what has happened since you left The Arbor on Thursday. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound in PR and have quickly engaged with what the Lord is doing there in PR. What a blessing you have already been to the Camp! I know you are working hard, and you all are showing doing the Lord's work can be fun too! It really blessed me to read your posts about how the team handled the flight delays. It don't think it was a coincidence you met someone that helped take care of your food and lodging. Way to represent Christ and SAU to everyone you encountered! Those who put their trust in the Lord will not be put to shame! Much love to Carrie and Anna. I know they love the PR trip and each student that gets to encounter this ministry the Lord holds so dear to His heart.
    My advice, work your heart out. Leave nothing in your tanks when you get on that plane to return to SAU. Work harder and give more than you think you can because that's when the Lord's strength will carry you through. Thanks for letting your light shine as bright as the PR sun! BTW, it is going to be 70 tomorrow in SA! Love and Prayers, Kim Hayworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morris,

    You consumed sweets?!?! My world is rocked! Way to go! What was harder... jumping off the cliff into the water below or sucking down that strawberry cheesecake Frappe'? :-) It's awesome to see your positive attitude coming out through your post (even if you couldn't finish other team member's meals). Best of luck to you and your team. Know that I'm praying for you guys continually throughout the day!

    - Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure enjoyed seeing the supervisor wearing safety glasses as well as ear plugs and all the other roof workers using ear plugs as well:) Those hammer drills are loud!
    Also very cool to see how life experiences are happening and with out a doubt knowing God is doing the internal work at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear long lost family member of ours,
    Did you jump off the cliffs? Or stand on the roof? We know you LOVE heights!!!!! We love you and miss you lots! Mother said you can bring home some grandkids for her! LOVE YOU :)
    From your family,
    Dad, Mom, Gloria, Chloe, Norway, and Me (Miranda)
    P.S. WE LOVE YOU ASHLIE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like you are working hard and having fun for the Lord and His people, and you are being blessed as well. Continue to bear fruit in every good work.. (and it's all "good" when done for the Lord). Let the Joy of the Lord be your strength and overflow to everyone around you. You are doing great!! Praying daily for you all! Donna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please continue to pray for us. God Bless!